Sunday, March 28, 2010

No Matter How Long the Winter, Spring is Sure to Follow




fairy house------- Fairy garden in my yard------Tink's corner----- Tink's house (handmade)

I'm so glad Spring has finally arrived. It has been a very long and cold winter. But with the warmer temperatures, has come a new phase in my walk with God. We've been working on some pretty heavy topics like fears, insecurities, and dignity. I'm so excited to take off the heavy cloak of insecurity and step out into the what the Son has waiting for me...bring on the rebirth of Spring.

" I would love Spring anywhere, but if I could choose I would greet it in a garden." -Ruth Stout

I recently went to Walt Disney World (one of my favorite places to visit) and it was the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot. They had a Fairy Garden there that was beautiful. The picture taken of me is in the garden with a topiary fairy behind me. I decided to re-create a fairy garden in my own back yard. Why? Because it makes me happy. Reason enough. Here is our version that was completed this weekend. We have flowers including lavender, posies, and begonias. We have herbs including rosemary, sage, and mint. There is a Tinkerbell bird bath, gazing ball and hummingbird feeder. We made two fairy houses for our garden; the teapot is a replica of her house we saw at Disney...pretty darn cute if I do say so myself!
It was fun to welcome Spring with my new garden. Besides, one can never have too much faith, trust, and....well you know the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment