Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Resurrection Run Weekend

Last weekend was a wonderful Spring weekend. The weather was great and everyone I saw in the office on Monday had a pink skinned glow to them.
Last weekend was the Resurrection Run at Village Baptist. I ran the 10K..a little slow for me I shamefully admit. Here are my list of excuses...1. A headwind..the run is a long the beach and you have to fight the wind every time. 2. My body was tired from working fairly hard. 3. Mentally I have been challenged by events at work. Running is both mental and physical and I'm working so hard on some challenges in the battlefield of the mind that my enemy keeps testing me there. Ok, I'm done with lame excuses. This photo was after I finished the race.
On Sunday we went to Bellingrath Gardens in Mobile to take family photos w/ the Azaleas in bloom and we ate at Lamberts Cafe..."Home of the Throwed Roll." Ok, eating there did not help my cause of improving my running time, but oh it was so good. After our feast, I have vowed to give up bread for a while, so maybe this will help improve the pace. But as for the pace of the rest of my life, I'm still feasting daily on the Bread of Life, Jesus. I consider it carbo loading for the daily grind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment