Saturday, October 15, 2011

Gotta Move

Crissy Thibodeau, my instructor, and her twin boys
I am frequently motivated by music. I usually at any given time will have a particular song that is speaking in to my life/current situation. Right now is no different, and my anthem seemed so appropriate for the events of the day.  Today was quite a physical day. I started by running my first race since all the challenges at work had begun. It was the Blue Mountain 30 A 5k. There were small hills along the course; I could tell that all that weight lifting I have been doing really helped me push up those hills.  I finished first for females over 40. That made me the "Female Master" Overall winner. There wasn't a huge turn out for the race, but it was nice to win a medal my first time running again and I felt good when I finished with a time of 29:05.
Next I went to my regular Zumba class. I thought she was going to take it easy on us because today was Zumbathon/Party in Pink for Breast Cancer. I was wrong; class was as challenging as ever. So after class and Zumbathon, I did almost 4 hours of Zumba.

 It was challenging but I completed everything I set out to do. But more importantly, I succeeded in reminding myself how physical challenges are such good analogies for spiritual ones. That's why Paul used the examples of running a race so many times in his letters. Despite everything that has happened this year, I am actually now stronger. Both physically and hopefully in my walk with Christ more than ever before. All the training, which has been at time painful, has paid off.






So back to my song. My current choice is "Move" by Mercy Me.

The lyrics pretty much describe how I feel about Zumba and exercise right now as a physical demonstration of my faith walk. Lord, your word promises brighter days...so I'll keep dancing anyway. Gotta move!

I'm not about to give up
Because I heard you say, there's gonna be brighter days
I won't stop, I'll keep my head up
No I'm not here to stay, there's gonna be brighter days
I just might bend but I won't break
As long as I can see your face
When life won't play along and right keeps going wrong
And I can't seem to find my way
I know where I am found, so I won't let it drag me down
I'll keep dancing anyway
Gonna move, gonna move, gonna move

I've got to keep it steady, keep my head in the game
Everything is about to change
This hurt is getting heavy, but I'm not about to cave
Everything is about to change, there's gonna be brighter days
Just might bend, but I won't break
As long as I can see your face....

No matter what may come, gotta move to different drum, gotta move.

No comments:

Post a Comment