Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sonflowers





A small black seed placed in fertile soil
That is how be both began
Toiled and worked, but never forgotten
By the Grace of a heavenly hand

Slowly the crust of this dirt is broken
By a small and tender shoot
The Master Gardener fully at work
    Pulling weeds and thorns
  As we both grow under earthly foot.

 Aim for the Son
As you lift your up your face
Knowing you are only growing
By its provision and God's Grace

Those who drink daily of life-giving water
Are awash and renewed in their Spirit
They are the ones who will grow tall
Reaching high to the Son, as the ones who strive to be nearest

Oh Sunflower, my Sonflower
Your summer song is our life here before Heaven
By your growth I can glimpse a small part
I deduce as I survey your family lovingly around mine
That's why you bring such joy to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment